Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Way Back Wednesday!




Hey all! It's Way Back Wednesday and I need to get my scanner connected so for now I am gonna use a pic on my computer. This was a pic of me and my Mom a party after my sister got married. It was nothing big, just a trip to the courthouse down the block, we actually walked there and back. My Mom did not make it to the courthouse but was there for the gathering at my sister and BIL's place. This was in 1992. We did not know, obviously, that 10 years later she would be in failing health and in the throes of dementia/Alzheimers. Sigh! This day we had such a fun time. We were teasing each other about something when this picture was taken. Her eyes are a bit glassy because she had a glass of wine. :-) She had such a great sense of humor but she was not one to be messed with or crossed! LOL!

She is still here on earth but just a bed ridden shell of a person. I miss her! She was funny, fabulous, honest, my friend and my mother. I miss ya ole gal!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great pic, Jo! I love the pics you are posting. What a terrible thing Alzheimer/dementia is...many hugs girl!

Bev said...

What? How'd I miss a WBW post?

Love the pic! You two are so cute. I'm so sorry about your mom, Jo. I swear, dementia/alz is worse than death for all involved. :( Many hugs, gf.