Monday, December 15, 2008

I am under Investigation??

What the??? Under investigation by my health insurance company. They seem to think I had a preexisting condition of diabetes when applying for coverage with them. Never mind that I have had coverage with them off and on for about 5 years. If I had a preexisting condition, wouldn't I have sought treatment for it prior to now? Anyway, they are now refusing to pay claims while they review my medical records. So, I have been receiving bills from labs and my endocrinologist. My first thought after viewing the endo bill was I wish I could rewind time, go to med school and become an endocrinologist. The charge for my initial visit was $475.00, that was just for meeting with the doctor for about an hour or so. They actually charged $18.00 to prick my finger and check my blood sugar level. Unreal! Completely unreal! The charge for the second visit was $325.00. My lab work was even more expensive. $1250.00 for ONE flippin' antibody blood test. ONE TEST! The grand total from the lab is over $2300.00. I can only hope the insurance company finishes their investigation very soon and pays these claims. Sigh!

No comments: