Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A New Focus!

Alright so this week I started working out again. I sooo need to get this body into shape again and have a renewed focus. Since getting pregnant has not come easy and is out of my control, I've decided to get back on the horse, so to speak. The whole euphoric feeling after the completion of a workout is one I have not experienced in a long while. My plan, at this moment, is Power 90 and Turbo Jam.

Right up there with my renewed committment to my physical health, I have decided to focus on my mental health as well. Who knew how thrilling it would be to get rid of some relationships that have been wearing me down over the years. There were two in particular and while I have known the both of them for the better part of my life, that does not necessarily mean we were "meant" to be friends or associates. As time passes, I am learning there are definitely seasons in relationships. During the time while in my "funk", I began to reflect on who is in my life and who really is not worth the energy. I'm making changes, man, making changes. :-)

4 comments:

Bev said...

Ch-ch-ch-changes! I'm glad you're back on the work out wagon, Jo! Good for you!!! I wish I could regain my focus in that dept. Do you like P90? Should I invest in that?? The gym has not been doin' it for me lately. :(

I know just what you mean by "friendships have seasons." It's a tough lesson to learn, but it's very, very true. Wishing you all the luck and good vibes I've got....
oxoxoxo, Bev

Jo said...

Hey Bev,
I actually do like Power 90. What is a shame is that I have had the DVDs for almost 3 years. After doing 2 of the 6 workouts, I stopped. Why??? Because the instructor talks too damn much and the incessant talking bugged me. After dusting the cases off and pressing play, I noticed an option to mute his ass other than anything but the cues. Man, "I'm in Heaven". LOL! Nothing against him but, I can't take too much talking during a workout. The exercises themselves are simple in movement, nothing too complicated and not a lot of room required to do them. I am doing Power 90- Master Series.

What have you been doing at the gym? It gets monotonous after a while, especially the cardio.

Bev said...

LOL! I get that - talking during a work out is no bueno! I've just been doing light weights and the elliptical trainer or treadmill. Booooring, but I really don't have time for the classes, which all seem to be around 5 PM, when I'm home making dinner for my family. The boys turn into beasts if I don't have dinner ready by 6. ;) I wonder if I'd stick with P90? I don't have a very good track record, admittedly.

Jo said...

Bev,

Give it a shot. The workouts average less than an hour. Far less time than it takes to get ready to go to the gym, find a parking space, get in the door, find an available piece of equipment, etc.