Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WOW! What a wonderful feeling it is to witness history. I am still in shock that we have a new President Elect- Mr. Barack Obama. We need to keep him in our prayers because God only knows what he will discover once he gets to the White House. That said, I believe he will be a great president. Here I sit and celebrate for those who are not alive to see this and/or never thought this day would come. The country has spoken and decided - 349 electoral votes has been earned. YES, WE CAN!

On August 28,1963 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said the following on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

That part of your dream was realized last night, Dr. King. The nation did just that.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I get teary just thinking about it, Jo!

Poor Barack has quite a mess to clean up right now, and I'm praying for him!